Upper Mustang Trek Permit

Upper Mustang Trek is a popular trekking route in Nepal that offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountains and an opportunity to explore the unique culture of the Mustang region.

If you’re planning to trek in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal, you need to know some essential information about obtaining a permit before embarking on your journey:

You must obtain a Restricted Area Permit (RAP) from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu, which can only be processed through a registered trekking agency.
The cost of the RAP for the Upper Mustang region is $500 per person for the first ten days, and then $50 per day for each additional day. The price may change, so it is recommended to check with a registered trekking agency for the current rate.
The RAP is issued for a minimum of two trekkers, and a licensed guide is required for your trek.
The Upper Mustang region is closed to trekkers from mid-June to mid-September due to monsoon season.
You must have a valid passport and a Nepal visa to obtain the RAP.
Depending on your trekking route, you may also need an Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) or Mustang Conservation Area Permit (MCAP).
It’s vital to plan ahead and allow enough time for the permit application process, which can take several days to complete. Using a registered trekking agency is recommended to ensure a safe and hassle-free experience.