The Manaslu Circuit Trek is one of the best panoramic trekking in Nepal. The mesmerizing trek along with the Manaslu trekking trails takes you through an off-beaten remote path to beautiful landscapes, fierce white waterfalls, and a dense forest to Manaslu mountain (8156/26758ft). Do you know Mt. Manaslu is the eighth-highest peak in the world?
Manaslu trek could be a pristine trekking circuit around Mt. Manaslu. Trekking on the less traveled route through rural Nepal with epic views in all their glory. Manaslu Circuit Trek offers completely different expertise from treks compared to the Mount Everest and Annapurna regions, which receive the largest range of trekkers.
The trekking starts with traveling 160 km (about 99.42 mi) from Kathmandu to Macchi Khola via Soti Khola from Kathmandu. It takes almost 7 hours by private vehicle and 8-9 hours by public bus. Similarly, The trekking ends with driving 6 hours from Dharapani in a Jeep and changing it to another Jeep or a local bus for a 7-hour drive to Kathmandu.
Highlights: Why Manaslu Circuit Trek?
- Views of the highest peaks in the world like Mt. Manaslu, Lamjung Himal, Mt. Annapurna II, Mt. Himchuli, Mt. Ganesh, etc.
- Larkya La pass (5106m/16901ft) crossing, is one of the highest passes in the world.
- Possibility of spotting a wild endangered species like the Snow Leopard
- The trek is wild and remote, yet there are tea houses at the everyday stages, so trekkers don’t need to bring tents and food, making it more accessible and affordable than similar treks.
- Tsum Valley is a part of the Manaslu Circuit Trek according to the interest of the guest to experience an exotic valley in the Manaslu region.
Being one of the most challenging trekking trails, Manaslu Base Camp Trek is one of the best trekking destinations in Nepal. For trekking in the Manaslu region, a special permit is required. As Manaslu region is restricted, which is why high permit charges are caused. Three types of permits are necessary for trekking in Manaslu Base Camp trek.
The permit for Manaslu Region Trek:
- Manaslu Restricted Area Permit
- Manaslu Conservation Area Permit
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
Manaslu Restricted Area Permit
From September to November per week per person is USD 70 and After 7 days per day per person is USD 10.
From December to August per week per person is USD 50 and After 7 days per day per person is USD 7 /Or equivalent convertible foreign currency.
Manaslu Conservation Area Permit
For SAARC Nation Manaslu Conservation Area Permit Fee: Nepali Rupees 1000
For Other Nation Manaslu Conservation Area Permit Fee: Nepali Rupees 3000
Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP)
For SAARC Nation Annapurna Conservation Area Permit Fee: Nepali Rupees 1000
For Other Nation Annapurna Conservation Area Permit Fee: Nepali Rupees 3000.
Terms and Conditions for Manaslu Base Camp Permit
- No need for any kind of permit for children below 10 years.
- Individual payment of permit.
- The entry permit is not refundable and works for one time only.
- The permit should be with trekkers during the whole trekking time.
Info: Being the restricted region, trekkers must take permission from the Travel companies. An individual cannot apply for Manaslu Base Camp Permit.