Besides having different trekking trails in Nepal and top destinations to travel to in Nepal Why Everest Base Camp Trek? The answer is simple, Everest is the highest peak in the world. The height of Everest is 8848.86 meters(29031.69 Feet) from sea level. Where Everest Base Camp lies at an altitude of 5364 meters(17598.43 Feet) from sea level.
Everest Base Camp Trek is the trek of satisfaction. One of the easy trek routes in Nepal where all groups can summit here up to base camp. The trekkers feel proud of themself after their Everest Base Camp Trek. During this trek, trekkers can realize the meaning of life. They used to be lost in nature and the mesmerizing panoramic views.
Talking about the trekking trails and the accommodation facilities are amazing. Every type of service can be easily accessible but trekkers need to pay high because in the high elevation the goods are expensive.
Namche Bazaar is the center attraction of the Everest trek during our acclimatization at Namche, explore the Tibetan market, Sherpa Cultural Museum, the beautiful settlement of Namche Bazar, and hike up to the Everest viewpoint.
Teng Boche Monastery is on the trial with its unique space and is the oldest monastery in the Everest region.
As Kalapatthar is the best vantage point in EBC Trekking, climb Kalapatthar from Gorakhshep early in the morning before sunrise.
From Gorakshep, trek to the world’s highest base camp and capture magnificent views of mountain giants towering in the sky and view mighty glaciers and avalanches from Everest Base Camp.
Therefore, The views of Everest, Nuptse and Changtse, Lhotse, Pumori, and Ama Dablam are spectacular during our Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Major Highlights ( Why Everest Base Camp Trek?)
- Visual the live majestic view and size of Mt Everest.
- Witness the amazing sunset from Kalapatthar, I.e., from Everest’s viewpoint.
- Fly to the high-altitude Hilary Tenzing Airport at Lukla, one of the wonderful experiences itself.
- Visit Sherpa villages along with the trekking routes.
- Explore the Tibetan market, Sherpa Cultural Museum, and beautiful settlement of Namche Bazar (a famous Town in the Everest region).
- Can witness the amazing Khumbu Glacier and Khumbu Icefalls.
- Walk across through the Sagarmatha National Park with its unique flora and fauna.
- Sightseeing to one of the oldest Monasteries; Tengboche Monastery.
For Everest Base Camp Trek Permit is necessary. Which are provided by Gov. of Nepal to reach the base camp. And without an entry permit, tourists can’t trek on this route.
There is no need to take a TIMS card for this Everest Base Camp Trek. But need to take two local permit
Solukhumbu (Everest Trek Permit)
- Khumbu Pasang Lamhu Rural Municipality (All areas of ward no. 5)
-USD 16-17 per person(Rs 2000)/ week (for the first 4 weeks).
-USD 25 per person /week ( beyond 4 weeks).
Therefore, for short information within 15 days, Everest Trek can be completed. So Rs.2000 can be enough for the trek.
2. Sagarmatha National Park Permit
Rs 1500 (12 USD) is charged for entering in National Park Area. Which can be taken before entering the National Park.
So around USD 30 is the total entry or permit charge for Everest Base Camp Trek. Also, all permits are taken while you move to Trek i.e., not in Kathmandu but Everest Region itself.
Similarly, If you need more permit information then you can follow or click on this site i.e. https://www.immigration.gov.np/page/trekking-route-and-permit-fee.